Disability Living Allowance & Motability
If you have any concerns about a car or vehicle you have under the Motability Scheme please call them on : 0845 456 4566 (8.30 a.m. till 5.30 p.m. Monday to Friday).
The Motability website is found at http://www.motability.co.uk/main.cfm<
Supplementary information can be found by clicking here<
There are two components to the Disability Living Allowance. Disability Living Allowance is awarded at three rates for personal care.
The other component is, the Mobility component awarded at two rates, lower & Higher. Where you are awarded the "Higher Rate". You can use your allowance to take part in the Motability Car Scheme.
I do not know how the review is impacting the Mobility component. Please email me<
- If you have any experience to share. If your Mobility component is reviewed. And you awarded the "medium" or "lower rate". The DWP will inform you & Motability of the case.
- You then have the right to appeal that decision. An appeal can take up to three months. Inform Motability that you have made an appeal. During the appeal period you retain your car. The cost is met by Motability. You incur no extra charge.
- The DWP will write to you & Motability with the decision of the appeal.
- If your appeal is successful. You continue your contract with your car as normal.
- If your appeal is not successful. Motability will make arrangements with you to collect your car. You contract for your car ends. You will not be charged for any period of your contract that is outstanding.
I hope this answers some of the worries people have raised. I would encourage you to call Motability if you need any further reassurance.
Some are concerned that they might loose there entitlement to their Freedom Passes if they face a change to there Disability Living / Mobility Allowance.
Some councils do award Freedom Passes to those who may not be eligible for DLA. Doing so depending on the circumstances of individual concerned & at the discretion of the Local Council.
Check with your own Local Council if you have any concerns.